Property Insurance

Most people understand property insurance as insurance against fire, theft or physical loss of property.  It is often referred to as ‘Fire and General’ insurance.

Have you thought of, or considered, the financial impact of loss of everything in your home due to accident or fire? People build up belongings over time so often make the mistake of thinking that they are worth less than they really are. Having to replace everything, all at once, can be extremely expensive – this is why you need to insure it.

The bank will require that you have House Insurance – at the very least – when you get a mortgage. It is also extremely important you insure your other possessions such as household contents and car.

Property insurance is based on your physical, personal or business items and possessions.

House, Car and Contents

House, car and contents is the three types of property insurance that are the most familiar to people.

  • House Insurance is about the property you own.
  • Contents Insurance is about the possessions you have within your home or possession.
  • Car insurance is about your motor vehicle, specifically the car you own / drive.

Find out more about house, car and contents insurance and how Edge Insurances can help.

Read More »

Low Deposit Buyers could see restrictions ease

Lending restrictions for house buyers without large deposits could soon be eased.

Reserve Bank Governor Graeme Wheeler will face MPs on Wednesday, when he is set to lay out the future of loan-to-value ratios (LVRs).

Introduced in October 2013, LVRs force banks to limit lending to those with less than 20 per cent deposit to no more than 10 per cent of their loans.

Read More »
Scroll to Top